Physics Tuition Singapore Secondary Science Tuition – Chemical effect
Physics Tuition Singapore Secondary Science Tuition – Chemical effect – Electroplating
- A chemical change caused by electricity is called electrolysis
- An electrolyte is a liquid or a solution which can conduct electricity. The electrolyte undergoes chemical change when electricity passes through it.
- Electrodes are electrical contacts which allows electric current to leave and to enter the electrolyte.
- Electrolysis is widely used in electroplating and in the extraction of metals.
- In electroplating, an object is coated with a layer of metal.
- The object to be coated is connected to the negative terminal of the power supply.
- The metal to coat an object is connected to the positive terminal of the power supply.
To coat a spoon with a layer of copper
The purpose for electroplating an object:
- For shiny attractive appearance
- To prevent object made of iron and steel from rusting
Please contact Angie @ 96790479 or Mr Ong @ 98639633 if you need Physics Tuition Lower Secondary Science Tuition Singapore.